During a recent panel about fact-checking the presidential debates at the National Press Club, Associated Press editor Jim Drinkard said:
We had to have a self-imposed Michele Bachmann quota in some of those debates. Often she was just more prone to statements that just didn’t add up.
Drinkard continued that they actually had a specific numerical quota for Bachmann because the staff couldn’t keep up with the torrent of mendacious drivel that exited her mouth. The Daily Dolt, just for the heck of it, dishes on their favorite Bachmann quotes:
- - The Lion King is gay propaganda.
- - She claimed that Huma Abedin, the deputy chief of staff to Hillary Clinton and wife of disgraced former Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner, should be investigated for having terrorist ties. Because obviously someone born in Kalamazoo, Michigan who is married to a Jew must be a Muslim terrorist.
- - During a 2006 debate, Bachmann said, “There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.”
- - When Melissa Etheridge was diagnosed with breast cancer, Bachmann suggested she might want to take this as a sign from God to repent from her lesbianism: “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”
- - This: “I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.”
- - Terri Schiavo “was healthy. She had brain damage — there was brain damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill.”
- - She recently claimed Barack Obama does not understand what the common man is going through because he is too wealthy, unlike Mitt Romney.